AFF

A700/A300 QSFP-40G-SR-BD function? Supported?

jchawkins

Good morning, trying to determine before we try this if bidi's are supported as the QSFP in a FAS/AFF chassis?
Would really like to avoid buying MPO structured cabling to support this deployment (would need 26 MPO structured cabling in 4 racks versus using existing LC to MPO structured cabling).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Hi there!

BiDi optics are not on our regular support matrix, but you can work with your NetApp account team to open a feature product variance request (FPVR) to request they be supported in your environment. There is some precident for this. This may or may not be approved based on technical constraints. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SpindleNinja

I checked HWU and all I see is MPO and LC.    had a customer ask this same question for their A300 back in July too. 

Maybe eventually?   

jchawkins

I guess we'll try. Yes HWU doesn't show any type of bidi.

I'm by no means an EMC fan, but they're good to go:

Dell EMC enables cost-savings through the reuse of a legacy 10GbE fiber plant to support new 40GbE

connections with our 40GbE duplex (multimode) fiber solutions. These solutions use wavelength

multiplexing (SM4) and/or directional multiplexing (BIDI) to transport 40GbE over a single (multimode)

fiber pair.

http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/Dell-Networking-Optics-Spec-Sheet.pdf

AlexDawson

Hi there!

BiDi optics are not on our regular support matrix, but you can work with your NetApp account team to open a feature product variance request (FPVR) to request they be supported in your environment. There is some precident for this. This may or may not be approved based on technical constraints. 

Hope this helps!

klmi

HI,

we also need BD-Support for 40GBit Links.

Did anybody got an positive PVR-Response for an A300 or A700?

Best Regards,

Klaus

AlexDawson

Hi Klaus,

Please send me a direct message or email to my first.last @ netapp.com with your corporate contact details and I will contact your NetApp rep on your behalf.

Public