AFF

Add drives to a half pop A200

zummy430

Anyone have the process for taking a half popluated A200, adding drives to make it fully populated, and adding space to existing aggregates?  The information I found states the following:  

If an unpartitioned disk is added to a RAID group composed of partitioned disks, the new disk is partitioned, leaving an unused spare partition.

looking for feedback if anyone has done this.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Yup, works as it says on the box. I'm a fan of using the command line to add specific disks to specific aggregates, to keep the same pattern of which controller owns which drive partitions, but the reality is that it doesn't matter. You are welcome to contact our support team for assistance, but be aware that once disks are added to an aggregate, they can't be removed, only replaced.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AlexDawson

Yup, works as it says on the box. I'm a fan of using the command line to add specific disks to specific aggregates, to keep the same pattern of which controller owns which drive partitions, but the reality is that it doesn't matter. You are welcome to contact our support team for assistance, but be aware that once disks are added to an aggregate, they can't be removed, only replaced.

Public