SolidFire and HCI

Difference between NetApp SolidFire Element OS 11 to 10.3?

Bronkz

Hello,
I have a question about Element OS 11, 10.4 and 10.3. I installed simulator for SolidFire on vCenter. It was a simple task for 10.3. After installation I was able to create cluster and create first volumes, but for 10.4 and 11 when I am running web gui I can see only " NetApp SolidFire Management Node" and I can only add vCenter Plugin Registration. Of course on my vCenter I can see new tabs for NetApp SolidFire such as "NetApp Element Configuration" and "NetApp Element Management", but in first tab I can only add cluster ( I cannot find how to create new cluster on 10.4 and 11). In second tab I can only choose cluster added in first tab and for example create new volume on exists cluster. Mainly question how to login on web gui the same as for 10.3? How to create new cluster on 10.4 and 11?

I added photos in attachment. 

Thanks,

Bronkz

1 REPLY 1

elementx

That (v11) looks like the Management Node, not SF Demo VM...

Are you sure you got the right OVA/ISO?

You need 2 OVAs, one is Management Node (downloadable from regular Element OS 11 area), another is SF Demo VM (downloadable from Tool Chest). 

Currently mNode is slightly newer (i.e. latest SF Demo Node hasn't been updated) but they will work fine in that combination.

Public