AFF

MPIO NETAPP LUN FlashRay

CODNCHIPS

I'm trying to present disks from an AFF-200 to a Windows 2008 R2 server, via SnapDrive 7.1.5.

When I attempt to Establish the iSCSI session, I immediately receive an error informing me that

"You cannot establish more iSCSI sessions with the selected Storage System because you do not have MPIO installed on this system, or all possible iSCSI sessions are already established.  Click finish to exit...."

I can confirm that:

1) I do have Data OnTap DSM 4.1.4348.1209 installed and the MPIO for the FC disks are displaying as expected

2) I have have not reached maximum iSCSI sessions (According to the HWU, I should be ok for 8192)

3) I have the same software stack installed on 2 other identical servers.  The only difference I can see is that under the Windows MPIO, I do not see this entry on the problematic server:

MPIO NETAPP LUN FlashRay

I have tried reinstalled all of the software but no luck.

Does anyone have anything?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

TMACMD

Have you installed the required HotFixes for 2008R2?

Unless you know someone who has them they are impossible to find as Microsoft disabled the site for them last year.

Have you tried to attach iSCSI via the MS iSCSI GUI? Being sure to select multiplath while configuring?

Public