AFF

SED Drives drive-protection-enabled flag reporting incorrectly

amayacitta

Hi guys,

Did anyone else notice this also applying to 9.8P2?

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/bugs-online/product/ONTAP/BURT/1385348

When I run "storage aggregate show -aggregate * -fields encrypt-with-aggr-key,drive-protection-enabled" it lists the root aggregate for the SED disks as true for drive-protection-enabled and the data aggregates as false. Got myself in a pickle trying to work it out, then found the above bug. It could do with being tagged for 9.8P2 as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aladd

I would suggest registering a case so that it can be tracked, as the bug is relatively new.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

aladd

When you check the "storage encryption disk show -container-id <ID>" do you get the correct response from this output?

amayacitta

When we run 'storage encryption disk show' the disk has its non-default data-key-id and is in mode 'data', as such we know the disk itself is encrypted fine, as the root aggregate also shows drive-protection-enabled as true.

It very much matches the output issue as per that BURT, ideally it needs tagging for 9.8P2 as well as it effects us on that version as well as the ones currently listed.

aladd

I would suggest registering a case so that it can be tracked, as the bug is relatively new.

Public