Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Clustered ONTAP oddness

keitha

I have a new deployment of WFA 2.0.1 In my lab with cDOT 8.2RC1 and OCUM 5.2. It may just be a version combination thing but I am having some inconsistency with WFA, specifically the Provision VMware Datastore workflow. Sometimes the workflow fails right away at the error below. Other times it makes it to the point of picking Data LIFs and fails with the error "No Data LIFs tagged with NFS type". It seems to be communicating with ONTAP and OCUM as the fields in the Workflow are populated correctly and the simpler "Create Volume" and "Destroy Volume" work fine... Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

shailaja

Hi Keith,

That sample workflow does few validations before executing. Probably one of those is failing for you.

Can you check if those are fine for you?

The Vserver selected in the user input:

- Has to be in running state

- Has to have NFS service configured and up and running

- Has to have a logical interface configured on the Vserver which allows NFS traffic.

f3270-208-238-239-240-241::> vserver show -vserver datavs -fields allowed-protocols,admin-state

vserver admin-state allowed-protocols

------- ----------- -----------------

datavs  running     nfs

f3270-208-238-239-240-241::> net interface show -vserver datavs -fields data-protocol

(network interface show)

vserver lif                   data-protocol

------- --------------------- -------------

datavs  datavs_data_interface nfs,cifs

f3270-208-238-239-240-241::> vserver nfs status -vserver datavs

The NFS server is running.

Thanks,

Shailaja

keitha

Thanks! I checked all those things. Since this vserver is hosting my vSphere environment via NFS I sort of assumed that those were all valid but good to double check.

I added only the Cluster Admin LIF to WFA. That shoud be fine though correct? I don't need to add the Vserver Admin IP separately do I?

The data collections are succeeding but it  is so odd that the prechecks are failing at different points each time...

shailaja

Sorry for the delay. Did the problem resolve for you or are you still facing it.

>>I added only the Cluster Admin LIF to WFA. That shoud be fine though correct? I don't need to add the Vserver Admin IP separately do I?

In the Credentials screen, you need to add credentials only for the cluster management IP Address. There is no need to add per Vserver at all.

>>The data collections are succeeding but it  is so odd that the prechecks are failing at different points each time..

Have you also checked at OnCommand Unified Manager side if all the data we need for this workflow is fine.

Thanks,

Shailaja

keitha

I have sort of given up on this. I suspect I am running too much beta code in the lab since everything seemed fine on OCUM and those data collections are succeeding. Still WFA can create a simple Volume but not do anything involving an export without failing the precheck with the error above.

I figured I would shelve the environment till there was some update GA code to work with.

keitha

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that this just started to work today...Not sure but it's rocking now!

Public