I'm running OCUM v5.2 on Linux for CDOT. I've got a single cluster right now and I had to delete and re-add some LIFs in a Vserver (SVM) to change their names to align with our naming standards. I'm still seeing, as part of the DFM logical-interfaces report, the old LIFs listed.
Does anyone know how I can delete these LIFs that don't actually exist anymore in the cluster? Although I can see their object IDs from the report I've not found a way to delete them yet, thanks.
Incidentally, we use this report to make automated provisioning decisions so accuracy is very important and wrong entries such as this can impact the ecosystem in a negative way.
Ah, I see. I just checked the logical-interfaces report and no longer see the old LIFs I had deleted. This is great news - I was concerned I might need to manage an external mapping of LIFs in case we had string duplication in this report but it looks great now. Thanks for the update! Waiting an hour is no problem as this is not a common occurrence.
DFM/OCUM has this behavior of waiting for 1 hour or 4 fsmon cycles of each 15mins before it marks the object as deleted from its database so that they are not shown in UI or cli or reports.
The mark deleted objects can still be seen if you use the switch -a with the cli like dfm volume list -a etc. In the output you will find columns named Deletedby and Deteled
and for mark deleted objects it would be dfmmonitor and YES respectively.
The reason behind 1 hour is historical due to the inital days of DFM at-least 10years back where during some monitoring cycles due to snmp errors or timeouts we dont get data from controller and dfm used to delete it from its database. Later it become false positive and reappearing in subsequent monitoring cycles.
To avoid the false positives dfm waits atleast 1 hour or 4 fsmon cycles before it declares an object is really been deleted or renamed in controller and then marks it a deleted.