Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Login with admin user not possible

sanadmin_do

Since this morning we can no longer log in to our AIQUM (9.10) with our admin user. Neither via the browser, nor via Putty or directly on the console (via vsphere). We always get the message that the username or password is incorrect. The password was not changed, yesterday we were still able to log on to the system with the user and password. Restarting the system did not bring any improvement. Can you still access the server without the admin user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

niels

Hi,

I noticed the very same behavior with the AIQUM instance I have running in my lab after upgrading to 9.10. (I don't see that problem on my 9.11 instance though)

The good news - the password is not incorrect. For whatever reason the admin account got locked.

Quick-fix: log in to the web UI with a different admin user (I hope you have another one) and unlock the admin user account.

Unfortunately it will get locked at some point again.

From preliminary troubleshooting it looks as if some internal process is using the admin account with an incorrect or default password. After multiple unsuccessful logins the account gets locked.

I suggest to open a support case.

Kind regards, Niels

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

niels

Hi,

I noticed the very same behavior with the AIQUM instance I have running in my lab after upgrading to 9.10. (I don't see that problem on my 9.11 instance though)

The good news - the password is not incorrect. For whatever reason the admin account got locked.

Quick-fix: log in to the web UI with a different admin user (I hope you have another one) and unlock the admin user account.

Unfortunately it will get locked at some point again.

From preliminary troubleshooting it looks as if some internal process is using the admin account with an incorrect or default password. After multiple unsuccessful logins the account gets locked.

I suggest to open a support case.

Kind regards, Niels

sanadmin_do

Hello Niels,

thank you for the information. We will try to solve the problem using another user. If necessary, we will open another case with NetApp.

Regards,

Thorsten

Public