Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Proper method of moving a DFM database

emanuel

Hello all

I have a customer that has ran out of disk space on the local /OPT parition and are looking to add a new harddrive for extra space.  This new drive should work for them until a more long term disk array is available.  In the meantime I found this article on how to move the DFM database from one directory to another ( basiclly another HD on the system ) ... my question is ... what about the existing perfdata collected in the /perfdata directory?

If i shut down DFM services and move the monitordb/log files can I also move the /perfdata directory to the new location?

can i create a /data directory in the destination parition and have the monitor files there and a subfolder for the perfdata?

Here is an article on moving the database:

https://now.netapp.com/Knowledgebase/solutionarea.asp?id=kb3841

To move the database and log files from one location to different, non-default install location on the same Operations Manager server, use the dfm database command:

1. If you are moving the database file location on the      same computer, stop all services and verify all services have stopped.

dfm service stop
    dfm service list
  2. Move the monitordb.db and monitordb.log files to the      new location using standard file copy tools.
  3. Set the dbDir and dbLogDir locations.  The new      locations in the example commands are subsets of the default install path:

Windows
    dfm database set dbDir="C:\Program      Files\NetApp\DataFabric\DFM\<new_db_location>"
    dfm database set dbLogDir="C:\Program      Files\NetApp\DataFabric\DFM\<new_db_location>"

Unix
    dfm database set dbDir=/opt/NTAPdfm/<new_db_location>
    dfm database set dbLogDir=/opt/NTAPdfm/<new_db_location>
  4. Start Operations Manager services and verify all      services have started.

dfm service start
    dfm service list
  5. Monitor the Operations Manager server.

The curious thing about moving the database here is that there is no mention of moving the perfdata directory and files.  I need to look in and see if there is any other steps needed.

16 REPLIES 16
Public