Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Protection/restore Job Failed -- Cannot get password for user

christianmaier

Hi guys,

I am trying to restore some cifs files from a nearstore back to the production system using the ActiveIQ UM 9.8P1 (Restoring using the Volume / Health details page).
The restore process always fails with the error message that UM cannot read the ndmp password for the user.

Data ONTAP reported error code (13115), message: 'Cannot get password for user "xxxxxxxxx".' (request: '<ndmp-password-generate><user-name>xxxxxxxxx</user-name></ndmp-password-generate>').

How can I store the ndmp password in the UM so that it is used during the restore process?

cluster & vserver peer are ok

replications are ok

ndmp is enabled

ndmp passwort generated

Thanks & greetings

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello,

The ActiveIQ is a software to manage your storage, so it should be able to pull the information needed for your restore per example. Can you verify the user created exist within the vserver that you performing the restore:

cluster::> security login show -vserver <vserver name> -user <user_name>

if user exist try to re-generate a password and re-attempt the restore:

cluster::> vserver services ndmp generate-password -vserver <vserver name> -user <user_name>

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello,

The ActiveIQ is a software to manage your storage, so it should be able to pull the information needed for your restore per example. Can you verify the user created exist within the vserver that you performing the restore:

cluster::> security login show -vserver <vserver name> -user <user_name>

if user exist try to re-generate a password and re-attempt the restore:

cluster::> vserver services ndmp generate-password -vserver <vserver name> -user <user_name>

Thanks

christianmaier

Hi, thanks for the information! I find the solution this morning, on cluster level the user was not exist  .. after i creat the and create a ndmp passwort the workflow works in fine...

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Chris

Public