Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA 2.1 upgrade and HTTP errors

cscott

Hello,

I have upgraded to WFA 2.1 recently and am now getting the following error via SOAP calls, only the WFA version has changed.  Would anyone be able to tell me where to start looking?

"Exception calling "getAllWorkflows" with "0" argument(s): "The request failed with HTTP status 505: HTTP Version Not Supported"

Thank you,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

Found out that this issue is with .net and Jboss7.1. So all clients that use .NET will suffer this Problem.

Solution is to set the Expect100Continue to 0 or false. What is Expect100Continue? Here is a blog post on it. http://alihamdar.com/2010/06/19/expect-100-continue/

Powershell:

Just before calling the New-WebServiceProxy , write the following line.

[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::Expect100Continue = $false

C#.NET:

servicePoint.Expect100Continue = false;

Any other .NET client with a config file:

<system.net>

<settings>

<servicePointManager expect100Continue="false"/>

</settings>

</system.net>

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sinhaa

Scott,

This issue is a JBoss7.1 issue and this is the JBoss version WFA2.1 is using. I can give you a solution but I need to know how are you calling the SOAP request because not all client throw this error. Example: Using a soapUI4.1 I don't get this error. I have tried with linux curl cli and that too doesn't give any errors. But calling it from Powershell script using New-WebServiceProxy throws this error.

So the solution depends on what is the client that you are using.

warm regards,

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

Found out that this issue is with .net and Jboss7.1. So all clients that use .NET will suffer this Problem.

Solution is to set the Expect100Continue to 0 or false. What is Expect100Continue? Here is a blog post on it. http://alihamdar.com/2010/06/19/expect-100-continue/

Powershell:

Just before calling the New-WebServiceProxy , write the following line.

[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::Expect100Continue = $false

C#.NET:

servicePoint.Expect100Continue = false;

Any other .NET client with a config file:

<system.net>

<settings>

<servicePointManager expect100Continue="false"/>

</settings>

</system.net>

cscott

Thank you for the prompt response.  I have updated the code in our lab and have successfully tested jobs.

We are indeed using powershell, so calling the .NET framework worked perfectly.

- Scott

Lukas

Hello,

we are now using WFA 3.0 and the problem is still there. We can not use the workaround since we're initiating from System Center Orchestrator (Invoke REST).

Do you have any idea or experience with this?

Thank you.

Lukas

sinhaa

Hi Lukas,

Its your client which is a part of the problem. Invoke REST from MS System Center Orchestrator is also .NET based and this error is due to .NET with Jboss7.1 ( which is WFA3.0's server ). 

You need to add below key-value pair in request header

Expect: 100-continue 

while makiing HTTP requests.  

WFA3.1 has upgraded its Jboss, so this problem might get resolved in wfa3.1. I'll check this and update you.

sinhaa

Public