Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Where's the Namespace window?

PaulRoss

I'm trying to take a volume offline (so I can delete it). I get this message: "Volume xxx is mounted and has an active junction path. Therefore, the volume cannot be taken offline. Unmount the volume from the Namespace window to take the volume offline." I've searched high and low but cannot find the "Namespace windwow". The version is "NetApp Release 9.1P2: Tue Feb 28 18:17:30 UTC 2017"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BRIAN_BERKLEY

That exists in CIFS and NFS SVMs, but not in iSCSI.  Volumes in iSCSI SVM's with qtrees cannot be marked offline because of active junction paths, and the popup message says to unmount the volume from the Namespace window to take the volume offline.  Without a Namespace menu in an iSCSI SVM, you have to do it via command-line.

::>volume show -vserver vserver_name -volume volume_name -junction

::>volume unmount -vserver vserver_name -volume volume_name

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Laszlo_Radics

When you are in SVM view (selected the particular SVM owning the volume), then there is the Namespace tab next to Overview and Volumes, before Shares.

Regards,

Laszlo

BRIAN_BERKLEY

That exists in CIFS and NFS SVMs, but not in iSCSI.  Volumes in iSCSI SVM's with qtrees cannot be marked offline because of active junction paths, and the popup message says to unmount the volume from the Namespace window to take the volume offline.  Without a Namespace menu in an iSCSI SVM, you have to do it via command-line.

::>volume show -vserver vserver_name -volume volume_name -junction

::>volume unmount -vserver vserver_name -volume volume_name

maglinger

So in Ontap 9.4 has "Namespace" now been renamed to "Junction Path"?

Public