Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

netapp-harvest

Daveatenergy

HTTP Error

Internal Server Error

I can not get havest to connect to my datastore. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Yes!  You have data flowing in now!!  I would restart it now without the verbose (-v) flag.  

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Daveatenergy

One last question, my implentor told me to get rid of the 7 stuff, not sure what that is, but how do I do that.  Something about reducing cluter.

madden

If you don't have 7-mode you can remove the unneeded dashboards.

In Grafana just click on the dashboard list, and then on the dashboard with 7-mode in the name to load it:

7mode.png

Then click delete dashboard:

7mode-del.png

And repeat for all those unneeded dashboards.

Cheers,
Chris

nicholsongc

Deployed the 2.1.5 OVA, installed NMSDK via the GUI and Harvest 1.3 via CLI.  Trying to get Harvest to start but getting the following:

root@cbivadva01eus:/opt/netapp-harvest# ./netapp-manager -start
STATUS          POLLER               GROUP
############### #################### ##################
[STARTED]       CLUSTER01            US
Can't locate NaServer.pm in @INC (you may need to install the NaServer module) (@INC contains: /opt/netapp-harvest/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.20.2 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20 /usr/share/perl/5.20 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-worker line 37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-worker line 37.

root@cbivadva01eus:/opt/netapp-harvest# ./netapp-manager -status
STATUS          POLLER               GROUP
############### #################### ##################
[NOT RUNNING]   CLUSTER01            US

Where can I start to look for a resolution... pretty sure I've overlooked something here but I'm at a loss for what it might be at the moment.

moep

The error indicates that harvest can't find the SDK in any perl include path.

krishgudd

I ran in to same issue and part of troubleshooting i found library files are not loading/detecting  properly.

Download the available SDK from NetApp site and execute the below commands.

### Download from the NetApp Support Site and install using (modify version if needed):

unzip -j netapp-manageability-sdk-5.6.zip netapp-manageability-sdk-5.6/lib/perl/NetApp/* -d /opt/netapp-harvest/lib

restart netaapp-harvest service.

If possible take backup of existing SDK lib directory.

nicholsongc

Actually the SDK seems to install quite nicely using the Admin GUI.  I have since re-deployed the OVA (2.1.5) to start with a clean slate.

So I go to the Admin GUI and install the SDK v5.6

I know I can't install Harvest using the GUI so I use the GUI just to download/extract the Harvest files to /tmp/upgrade-bundle then I install Harvest manually per the Harvest Admin Guide.

I run the command for Ubuntu logged into the ADVA concole as 'root':

dpkg -i netapp-harvest_1.3_all.deb

and I get this error:

dpkg: error processing archive netapp-harvest_1.3_all.deb (--install):

cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing:

netapp-harvest_1.3_all.deb

I recall deploying the OVA being a LOT more simpler than this as recently as last year.

madden

Hi @nicholsongc

The ADVA expects you to load the SDK and Harvest using the maintenance GUI.

Load NetApp Harvest and the SDK from the tools->Maintenance tab, “upload package” button, and then after uploaded the “upgrade now” button. 

The ADVA will unpack and install the software for you.  The files to upload are:

1. Harvest: Load the netapp-harvest.tgz file from inside the zip bundle you downloaded from the toolchest
  2. SDK: load the entire SDK .zip file you downloaded from the toolchest

The Harvest part can be a little confusing because when Yann released the OVA I only had a tgz package format for the software.  In v1.3 I created native package formats but when I tried to have these posted to the Toolchest I learned they don't support file formats like .deb, so I decided to put all the installer types into one zip file.  So for clarity, you need to upload the tgz file to the ADVA and it should work!

I think Yann explains it in the video on his blog: http://ybontap.tynsoe.org/wordpress/graphite-va/

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

nicholsongc

Thank you @madden!  I've moved from NetApp PSC to customer so I appreciate the assitance.  Harvest is up and running now I'm hitting error 13001 trying to get OCUM 6.2P1 configured for capacity.

I got the same error trying to add 7-mode systems to Harvest until Yann enlightened me that I needed TLS enabled.  Does anyone have any guidance on what I need to do to get OCUM 6.2P1 configured for Harvest?  I have both a cDOT and 7-Mode of OCUM running currently.

madden

Hi @nicholsongc

You are running an older version of OCUM and probably hitting this issue:

http://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Discussions/Be-aware-that-upgrading-to-OnCommand-6-2P1-might-bring-major-issues/t...

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

flavio
Hi guys, Could someone help me on this... I have installed Grafana + Graphite + NetApp Harvest in a Linux host (RHEL 7.4) 3 days ago. Everything was running fine for 3 days. But today I started seeing the message "No data to show" in some dashboards. Some databoards are normal. For example, the dashboard "Cluster" says "No data to show", but the dashboard "Cluster Group" works without any issue. I was searching in the logs but I didnt find any message to help me on this. So far I have no idea if it's a problem in Grafana, Graphite or NetApp Harvest. I appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks a lot. Flávio Onofre de Souza
Public