BlueXP Services

AltaVault Appliance Virtual Implementation - Linux Error.

esampaio

Hi,

I'm trying to install AltaVault, but when I powered the VM, the system doesn't got up, I'm waited for a long time, but this doesn't working at all. Has anyone seen this before? Attached, we have the image. The VM stops at this stage..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chriswong

Hi,

I've not seen this problem reported for VMware based AVA-v. I am suspecting there must be something unusual with the hypervisor. What version are you using of VMware, and what version of AltaVault are you deploying? What was the size of the 2nd disk added to AltaVault? Can you try redeploying the AVA-v image to another VM, and then try adding a small disk (say, 200GB) and see if it boots properly? 

Thanks,

Christopher

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

chriswong

Hi,

Did you attach a 2nd disk (acts as the disk cache) prior to booting the appliance? It takes a time for larger volumes to initialize, but after you should come to the login prompt (you can press enter a few times if it doesn't show up on its own). 

Regards,

Christopher

esampaio

Thanks chris,

I already add the second disk, I guess that could be some vSphere configuration. Look the new attach.

chriswong

Hi,

I've not seen this problem reported for VMware based AVA-v. I am suspecting there must be something unusual with the hypervisor. What version are you using of VMware, and what version of AltaVault are you deploying? What was the size of the 2nd disk added to AltaVault? Can you try redeploying the AVA-v image to another VM, and then try adding a small disk (say, 200GB) and see if it boots properly? 

Thanks,

Christopher

Public