BlueXP Services

Want to trigger script file (Which resides on remote linux machine) from altavault.

Rutul

I want to trigger a script file from altavault which resides on linux machine.Is there any way to do it? 

2 REPLIES 2

chriswong

Hi,

I'm not clear on the use case. Why would AltaVault trigger a script on a Linux box?

You could possibly have AltaVault use the slogin or ssh slogin commands to accomplish this. The job commands to upload (say) a config file to the remote system, and then have the remote system have a cron job to look for the config file ane execute a script in response, can also be another method? AltaVault can't automate the execution of a script directly, as far as I'm aware.

Thanks,

Christopher

Rutul

Hi Chris,

The use case is : 

Whenever any alert or any issue comes on altavault at that time only I want to generate sysdump file on altavault and ftp to some destination.

I have already developed the script which can generate sysdump file and ftp to the destination.Right now I am executing the script on linux machine manually.But I want the script to be executed automatically only when any alert or issue is raised up in altavault. 

Thanks,

Rutul

Public