Additional Cloud Discussions

Want to trigger script file (Which resides on remote linux machine) from altavault.

Rutul

I want to trigger a script file from altavault which resides on linux machine.Is there any way to do it? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Want to trigger script file (Which resides on remote linux machine) from altavault.

chriswong

Hi,

I'm not clear on the use case. Why would AltaVault trigger a script on a Linux box?

You could possibly have AltaVault use the slogin or ssh slogin commands to accomplish this. The job commands to upload (say) a config file to the remote system, and then have the remote system have a cron job to look for the config file ane execute a script in response, can also be another method? AltaVault can't automate the execution of a script directly, as far as I'm aware.

Thanks,

Christopher

Re: Want to trigger script file (Which resides on remote linux machine) from altavault.

Rutul

Hi Chris,

The use case is : 

Whenever any alert or any issue comes on altavault at that time only I want to generate sysdump file on altavault and ftp to some destination.

I have already developed the script which can generate sysdump file and ftp to the destination.Right now I am executing the script on linux machine manually.But I want the script to be executed automatically only when any alert or issue is raised up in altavault. 

Thanks,

Rutul

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public