Ask The Experts

Capacity information

bhuvan

Hi All,

We have 50 remote sites and two DCs all are having NetApp clusters with 2 nodes, now i want to generate a report which gives me the details of capacity of aggr, volume, lun, iscsi connections on daily basis for all netapp clusters. Help me how i can generate it or any script you can help me with.

3 REPLIES 3

GidonMarcus

Do you have DFM/OCUM/AIUM (all names of the same NetApp product)? it's free - and have reports you can customize heavily....

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

bhuvan

Yes i have OUM but its not that much friendly report, i want to customize it my way and do we have any scripts that we can build up?

GidonMarcus

Cool. There's a PS script here to extract data from OCUM DB

https://community.netapp.com/t5/Developer-Network-Articles-and-Resources/Query-OCUM6-Database-using-PowerShell/ta-p/98184

To create a user with read only access to the reporting table. You can use this command line:

"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin\mysql.exe" -u root -p
CREATE USER 'Read_OCUMdb_For_Scripts'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'my_password';
GRANT SELECT ON *.* TO 'Read_OCUMdb_For_Scripts'@'%';

Also adding below some queries i have in one of my reporting scripts

$OntapClusters = Invoke-MySQLQuery -Query "select * from cluster" -ConnectionString $connectionString
$OntapClustersAggregates = Invoke-MySQLQuery -Query "select * from aggregate" -ConnectionString $connectionString
$OntapClustersvolumes = Invoke-MySQLQuery -Query "select * from volume" -ConnectionString $connectionString
$OntapClustersluns = Invoke-MySQLQuery -Query "select * from lun" -ConnectionString $connectionString
$OntapClustersQtrees = Invoke-MySQLQuery -Query "select * from qtree" -ConnectionString $connectionString
$OntapClustersqtreequota = Invoke-MySQLQuery -Query "select * from qtreequota" -ConnectionString $connectionString

Good luck...

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Public