Ask The Experts

Continuous Errors [disk.dynamicqual.fail.parse],[secd.cifsAuth.denied]

Gaston

I am getting the error [disk.dynamicqual.fail.parse] every 5 minutes.  I am hoping someone can assist me with this.    I am also getting [secd.cifsAuth.denied] in between the prior mentioned error.

I not sure but I think it is effect data in shares.  I'm hoping someone can assist me with this in any way.  Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

No problem, glad to help. I can't say that I have had experience with this error directly, so I can't say confidently whether or not it would contribute to any sort of impact on your data. That being said, if there is any concern of data loss, I would encourage you to open a NetApp support case immediately so that they can assist. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

donny_lang

What version of ONTAP? The EMS Event Catalog has this entry on page 364 (below) and recommends updating the Disk Qualification Package. The instructions for doing that are located here: https://mysupport.netapp.com//NOW/download/tools/diskqual/

2019-12-12 09_08_49-ONTAP 9.0 EMS Event Catalog.png

Gaston

First thank you for your assistance with this.  I'm not not sure of the version of ONTAP that is running.  I am the Database Admin where I work and I'm trying to figure out if this error would cause data loss on a windows share.  Have you experienced this by any chance?  

I will let them know that they need to update the Disk Qualification Package.

donny_lang

No problem, glad to help. I can't say that I have had experience with this error directly, so I can't say confidently whether or not it would contribute to any sort of impact on your data. That being said, if there is any concern of data loss, I would encourage you to open a NetApp support case immediately so that they can assist. 

Gaston

Ok, I will create a support a case.  Thanks again for your assistance with this.  Like I said, I will let my coworkers know about the Disk Qualification Package update.

Public