Ask The Experts

Error creating a storage pool for SSDs

Joedy

I have been trying to create a storage pool for my SSDs in my FAS2750 so they can be assigned to the aggregates, however there is an error "sharing disks not enabled for Cluster1-01 and Cluster 1-02". How do I resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

Please take a look at this KB, sounds similar: [ But,  as directed in the previous reply - Involve NetApp support ].

Storage pool create CLI command fails with error: Sharing data is not enabled on NODE1 and NODE2
https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1007891/loc/en_US#__highlight

Objective: In order to create a hybrid aggregate, it is necessary to first create a storage pool containing SSD partitions. Error: "Failed: Sharing data is not enabled on "NODE1" and "NODE2" (Error 13001)"

Cause:
By default, the SSD partitioning boot argument is set to true, but on upgrades or reconfiguration, the arguments might be changed.

Solution
Ensure that the appropriate boot arguments are set in the loader to allow SSD partitioning on both nodes in the cluster.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shuklas

Open a case with NetApp support to analyze the logs .

Ontapforrum

Please take a look at this KB, sounds similar: [ But,  as directed in the previous reply - Involve NetApp support ].

Storage pool create CLI command fails with error: Sharing data is not enabled on NODE1 and NODE2
https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1007891/loc/en_US#__highlight

Objective: In order to create a hybrid aggregate, it is necessary to first create a storage pool containing SSD partitions. Error: "Failed: Sharing data is not enabled on "NODE1" and "NODE2" (Error 13001)"

Cause:
By default, the SSD partitioning boot argument is set to true, but on upgrades or reconfiguration, the arguments might be changed.

Solution
Ensure that the appropriate boot arguments are set in the loader to allow SSD partitioning on both nodes in the cluster.

Joedy

Before I attempt the following steps, can I just check, do I have to create a flash pool aggregate and assign SSDs inside it before I can create a storage pool and add those SSDs?

Ontapforrum

First you create : Storae pool [For creating storage pools, it should discover the available SSDs]
Next you create : Normal aggregate [Spinning disk]
Next you click 'Add capacity' : Add the 'cache' to the aggregate, when you click 'Add capacity' you can choose how much of the total SSD space  from the storage_pool you want to give it to this aggr.

Public