Ask The Experts

Mounting a SnapVault Volume

General

Hello All,

I have a SnapVault volume relationship that I have broken. Then I check the destination volume and verify it's RW - it is.

Then I try top mount the volume via NFS and it seems to never work and I receive an error telling me essentially from VMware that the NFS server is not accessible.

If I use the SVM that the SOURCE volume is mounted against it works just fine. If I create a clone of the destination SnapVault volume and then try to clone from a Snapshot it tells me I can't do that. 

I simply want to use the SnapVault volume at our DR site to use an much older snapshot, create a clone from that and mount. Is there no way to make this happen?

Now I have to move the entire destination volume to the working source SVM and then clone from a snapshot but that is totally not the way to do it. 

Thoughts? Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Piyushag

Hi,

I recommend Cleondris Data Manager (CDM) to do what you are looking to do.

Send me a mail thru www.cleondris.com

Regards

Piyush Agarwal 

General

3rd party software is not an option.

Sergey_Osipov

I would expect the answer is hidden here

"Then I try top mount the volume via NFS and it seems to never work and I receive an error telling me essentially from VMware that the NFS server is not accessible."

Do you have everything properly configured on your destination cluster? starting from data interfaces, accesses etc.

Do you have your Vmware properly configured to access your destination cluster?

Usually destination cluster is located in absolutely different Data center

so does your prod VMware is even able to access the destination? (network, firewalls etc)

paul_stejskal

Did you create an export? Just because a volume is read/write doesn't mean it's accessible. You still have to create a share/export or map a LUN to an initiator.

Public