Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Ask The Experts

Set up LIFE CYCLE policy on StorageGrid?

netappmagic

I am evaluationg StorageGrid.

I am thininking to use Storagegrid as a short term backup media, and then keep long term backups to Cloud. for instance, weekly backup in StorageGrid, data older than a week will be transferred to Cloud. 

Can I achieve that on StorageGrid?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Hi there!

Yes, you can configure StorageGrid to tier to cloud resources like AWS Glacier for long term archiving. This page covers is from a high level point of view, including demonstrations - https://blog.netapp.com/automatically-tier-your-data-to-amazon-s3-glacier-with-netapp-storagegrid/

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AlexDawson

Hi there!

Yes, you can configure StorageGrid to tier to cloud resources like AWS Glacier for long term archiving. This page covers is from a high level point of view, including demonstrations - https://blog.netapp.com/automatically-tier-your-data-to-amazon-s3-glacier-with-netapp-storagegrid/

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

netappmagic

One follow-up.

Can StorageGrid allow me to tier data to Azure blob object? or S3 ONLY?

leeray

The answer may be a bit late for you but since release 11.3 (released Oct 2019) Cloud Storage Pool (for tiering to cloud) supports both AWS S3 and Azure Blob Archive tier. 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public