Ask The Experts

VSC 9.6 plugin in flash-based vSphere 6.5u2/u3 Web Client

dkomanek

Hi,

I just upgraded VSC 7.2 to 9.6 and it seems to be working with the vCenter HTML5-based client, but I do not see the plugin in the flash-based vCenter Web Client anymore. I logged out from the web client, removed the old plugins from C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity, restarted web client service, the com.netapp.vsch5-9.6.0.20142 plugin appeared in the folder, but there is no VSC plugin in the web client interface.

Is it a n expected behaviour, that only the htlm5-based client works? 

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oli71

Hello @dkomanek 

following the install notes. "Due to the transition from the Flash vSphere Web Client to the HTML5 vSphere Client, it is important to clear the browser cache, and then logout and close browser sessions during the upgrade."

It looks like they killed the flash version now.

Oli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Oli71

Hello @dkomanek 

following the install notes. "Due to the transition from the Flash vSphere Web Client to the HTML5 vSphere Client, it is important to clear the browser cache, and then logout and close browser sessions during the upgrade."

It looks like they killed the flash version now.

Oli

dkomanek

Hello,

thanks for the reply. It seems to me the same way, but as far as the flash-client downloaded the plugin but didn't deploy it, I wanted someone to confirm if there is no chance to use in both clients. Since I am still stuck with vCenter 6.5 due to some software dependencies and the html5-client is not feature-complete in this version, it's a pity to be forced to alternate between both clients, depending on what task you need to perform. But I understand this, it is not effective to maintain the old frontend for guys like me Man Wink

Well, I'm considering this thread as resolved, anyway. Thanks for your time.

David

Oli71

@dkomanek 

I give a try when I get my hand on such system but you won't hear from me before the end of this month. What's software keep you stuck?  Citrix with an MCS deployment?

Oli

Public