Ask The Experts

Workflow Automation on Linux MySql Default Password

t_johnk

Hi,

How can I find out and change the default mysql root password on a Linux based installation of Workflow Automation?

This would be for both version 4.2 and 5.1.  I don't have the current password, nor have I.

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2

mbeattie

Hi John,

According to the documentation...

Before you begin

• You must have root privileges for the Linux system on which you have installed WFA.
  • The WFA services must be running.

About this task

• This procedure resets only the password of the admin user created during the WFA installation.

You cannot reset the password of other WFA admin users that you created after the WFA installation.

• This procedure does not enforce the password policy you have configured.

Therefore, you must enter a password that complies with your password policy or change the password from the WFA user interface after you have reset the password.

Steps

1. As a root user, log in to the Linux system on which WFA is installed.
  2. At the shell prompt, navigate to the following directory on the WFA server: WFA_install_location/wfa/bin/
  3. Enter the following command: ./wfa --admin-password [--password=PASS]
    If you have not provided a password, you must enter the password when prompted.
  4. At the shell prompt, follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope that helps

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

mbeattie

Hi John,

Sorry just noticed you are trying to reset the MySQL password (not the default WFA admin user).

To reset the MySQL root password see this:

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/mysql-resetting-a-lost-mysql-root-password/ 

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public