Ask The Experts

fas2520 , 2 node vmware; cluster nfs?

marcocapone

I have a fas2520 with two heads and two vmware nodes; on the fas I configure the network to receive and provide services via nfs; then on a head, port e0c, I will be 10.0.0.5 and the other head will be 10.0.0.6; the nodes with the correct port will be 10.0.0.10 and 10.0.0.11. if a node connects nfs to each other  nfs tells me that the two nodes will see a datastore called DatastoreVM and the other Datastore (1), since the high reliability does not work. if instead I configure both vmware nodes to an ip nfs I have a correct setting with the same datastore name on both nodes, but I will have the problem that if a head falls for a failure, I get the nfs volume. I can have an ip cluster of nfs in order to point to only one ip.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Sorry, I can't understand your question.

With NetApp HA - the IP used to serve NFS moves between nodes. The specifics of how this is done depends on your ONTAP version.

Assuming you are using Clustered ONTAP 8.3 or newer - each node needs an SP and a node management IP. The cluster of two nodes also has a cluster management IP. Then there will be a SVM created, and that SVM will have a LIF (Logical Interface) with an IP address used to access NFS from the NetApp.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AlexDawson

Sorry, I can't understand your question.

With NetApp HA - the IP used to serve NFS moves between nodes. The specifics of how this is done depends on your ONTAP version.

Assuming you are using Clustered ONTAP 8.3 or newer - each node needs an SP and a node management IP. The cluster of two nodes also has a cluster management IP. Then there will be a SVM created, and that SVM will have a LIF (Logical Interface) with an IP address used to access NFS from the NetApp.

Public