BlueXP Services

Use Cloud Sync with Azure Blob Storage that was using CBS

dariusb

I have a customer that stopped using Cloud Backup Service about a year ago.

They were backing up to Azure Blob Storage.

They would like to migrate the CBS backups that reside in Azure Blob Storage to Azure Archival Storage without backing up any new data from their on-prem system to the cloud.

If they use BlueXP to do this, BXP requires them to activate the backs ups, which they do not want to do.

I understand that Cloud Sync could be an option.

What I am not sure of is if you can use Cloud Sync with Azure Blob Storage that was using CBS.

Can you provide some insight or documentation on if this is possible or if there is another service or solution that the customer could use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dariusb

Hey @RossC thank you.

I ended up finding an answer.

If the backups have not been deleted, the customer can reactivate the backup and enable archival storage.

Since my customer deleted their backups they need to restore the data to a new or existing CVO and back that data data up again with archival storage enabled.

They can use an API to send the data directly to archival storage after rewarming the data also.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RossC

Hi @dariusb 

Looks like no one was able to answer your query, apologies for that.

I suggest you head over to https://bluexp.netapp.com, there should be a little "chat" icon in the bottom right of the page. Click on that, ask your question there, and that way someone from our BlueXP team will be able to point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, we do have a BlueXP forum channel for asking questions on our NetApp Community Discord over at http://discord.gg/NetApp 

dariusb

Hey @RossC thank you.

I ended up finding an answer.

If the backups have not been deleted, the customer can reactivate the backup and enable archival storage.

Since my customer deleted their backups they need to restore the data to a new or existing CVO and back that data data up again with archival storage enabled.

They can use an API to send the data directly to archival storage after rewarming the data also.

Public