BlueXP Services

FabricPool - Cannot verify availability of the object store from node xx-02

bose

Hi,

I'm testing StorageGrid in my lab environment, and when I'm trying to connect my NetApp Cluster to StorageGrid, I get the following error:

fasXX::> object-store config create -object-store-name sg-s3 -provider-type SGWS -server sg-apigw01.netapp.xxxxxx.dk -ssl-enabled false -port 8082 -container-name Bucket01 -ipspace Default -access-key xxxxxx -secret-password xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(storage aggregate object-store config create)

Error: command failed: Cannot verify availability of the object store from node fasXX-02. Reason: Operation timedout.

IP connectivity is verifed between the FAS and StorageGrid. I have 2 SSD Aggregates on the FAS.

Unfortunately the FAS is a FAS2552, can this be the reason? I know that this model is not supported according to the FabricPool Best Practices document.

Regards

Bo Sorensen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

It looks like that error is generated due to failure to add those details into the configuration database.

It doesn't look like it checks before adding it if the platform supports it, so it may be due to that platform not loading the code to support fabricpools, sorry.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AlexDawson

It looks like that error is generated due to failure to add those details into the configuration database.

It doesn't look like it checks before adding it if the platform supports it, so it may be due to that platform not loading the code to support fabricpools, sorry.

bose

hmm, okay. I have to see if I can get my hands on a controller there is supported, and then try again.

heightsnj

We got  the same error. 

What was the solution for that?

AlexDawson

Hi there! Can you please share details of controller model, ONTAP version and if the aggregate you are trying to add the fabricpool to is all SSD?

Public