BlueXP Services

Is the "NAS Backup to Cloud" in SnapCenter2.0 a File-system consistency backup

NetappNewbie-Roy

Hi Tech Guys,

Morning. Is the "NAS Backup to Cloud" in SnapCenter2.0 a File-system consistency backup? I have both CIFS and NFS shares in my environment and each of them are shared simultaneously by several hosts. And there is some engineering files (hundreds of GB) on the shares. I would like to know the "NAS BAckup to cloud" result if I take snapshot in case there is a file opned by a host and editing. Will it wait until the file close then start snapshot or it will take snapshot no matter file is opened or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chriswong

Hi,

The Data Fabric Solution for Cloud Backup that incorporates ONTAP 9.1+, SnapCenter 2.0, and AltaVault 4.3+ will provide you crash consistent snapshots, but not application or VM-aware snapshots. You will have to script the snapshot activities to account for whatever application quiescing you need at this time.

Regards,

Christopher

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

chriswong

Hi,

The Data Fabric Solution for Cloud Backup that incorporates ONTAP 9.1+, SnapCenter 2.0, and AltaVault 4.3+ will provide you crash consistent snapshots, but not application or VM-aware snapshots. You will have to script the snapshot activities to account for whatever application quiescing you need at this time.

Regards,

Christopher

Public