Cloud Insights

In Cloud Secure, how to specify the forest name while adding the LDAP Data Source Collector

abhit

In Cloud Secure can I provide the forest name in comma format (dc=x,dc=y,dc=z) or do I have to provide in x.y.z format?

How do I add a single user from the forest in CloudSecure while doing testing?

Regards,

Abhi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sputrevu

Yes you can.

Forest name allows both formats.

• x.y.z => direct domain name as you have it on your SVM. [Example: hq.netapp.com]
  • DC=x,DC=y,DC=z => Relative distinguished names [Example: DC=hq,DC=netapp,DC=com]

You can even specify like below

• OU=engineering,DC=hq,DC=netapp,DC=com [filter by specific OU engineering]
  • CN=sandeep,OU=engineering,DC=hq, DC=netapp, DC=com [specific user sandeep OU engineering]
  • CN=Acrobat Users,CN=Users,DC=hq,DC=netapp,DC=com,O=NetApp,L=Waltham,S=MA,C=US [all Acrobat users in the filters applied]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sputrevu

Yes you can.

Forest name allows both formats.

• x.y.z => direct domain name as you have it on your SVM. [Example: hq.netapp.com]
  • DC=x,DC=y,DC=z => Relative distinguished names [Example: DC=hq,DC=netapp,DC=com]

You can even specify like below

• OU=engineering,DC=hq,DC=netapp,DC=com [filter by specific OU engineering]
  • CN=sandeep,OU=engineering,DC=hq, DC=netapp, DC=com [specific user sandeep OU engineering]
  • CN=Acrobat Users,CN=Users,DC=hq,DC=netapp,DC=com,O=NetApp,L=Waltham,S=MA,C=US [all Acrobat users in the filters applied]

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public