ONTAP Discussions

Single Sign On

Harisheldon

Greetings and Happy V-day,

Does NetApp currently have SSO for their filers, specically for mode 7?  If they do, which version and do you have a link that I can get to so that I can configure the filers.  Thank you in advance.

James

4 REPLIES 4

Florian

Hello,

No. Never heard of that. We're using SSO for our various portals and web services but not to connect to the storage controllers.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Regards,

Florian

Harisheldon

Florian,

Higher headquarters has directed that all servers and devices have a SSO for all networking devices.  Also, they are desiring the use of CAC vice user name and password.  I went through this about 4 years ago, and NetApp was not set up for it, especially in mode 7.  So I was wondering if this changed in mode 9?

Sorry for the delay in answering, have been a bit busy and also transferred to another position.  Thanks in advance.

James

GidonMarcus

Hi

NetApp now supports SAML SSO Standard on Cluster-Mode. and Cluster-Mode on command unified manager.

7-mode and 7-mode On Command Unified Manger has LDAP/AD authentication. but not SAML.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

Harisheldon

Gidi,

Thanks for the reply, but I have since moved to another organization and they have SSO for their NetApp storage.  I have already posted the major problem that I have found, and before I send up the red flag, I posted the probem and awaitng a response now.

James

Public