FlexPod Discussions

Convergred System Advisor setup

CSAsetup

Hello,

I'm in deployment phase of CSA and i can add all equipment from flexpod exept ontap even with admin account. Can it be related to certificates ? it's default certificates on controllers & appliance. 

Thx in advance for your help !

7 REPLIES 7

Aaron_Kirk

Hi @CSAsetup,

Can you share the message you are receiving when trying to add ONTAP in the agent?

-Aaron

CSAsetup

Hi Aaron,

Thx for your interest, i don't have any error message it's accepted but stay at 0% on global device page.

ajeffrey

Can you share what version of ONTAP and what hardware model you are using?

CSAsetup

9.3P11 on AFF8080. 

ajeffrey

We have tested on FAS 8080 (ONTAP 9.3P10) so that's a very close to perfect match. I doubt it's version related. I also doubt it's related to certificates. 

Having said all this it is possible that you are instead hitting a software issue in the collection process. If you’d like to troubleshoot here is where to start:

The primary thing to look at are the logs from docker. You can get them by ssh'in into your agent and running the following command:

csa@csa:~$    docker logs `docker ps|grep agent|awk '{print $1}'` | tee docker.log

This will generate a file docker.log in the current directory that you could look at (and also send to support if it's not apparent what the failure is).

It would be best to generate a fresh failure before running this command.

Thanks!

Jeff Applewhite

CSAsetup

Hello case is still open but no solution yet. Someone else encounter the same kind of behaviour ? connection accepted but discovery of ontap stay at 0%. SSh key ? Proxy ?

ajeffrey

You can get more information by running the following command on the CSA agent:

csa@csa:~$    docker logs `docker ps|grep agent|awk '{print $1}'` | tee docker.log

Then you can examine the contents of the docker.log file to see where things went wrong.

It is best to generate a fresh failure before running this command.

Thanks

Jeff

Public