Data Backup and Recovery

[2013-02-13 16:39:36,663] ERROR: com.netapp.snapcreator.storage.executor.ZapiExecutorException: netapp.manage.NaAuthenticationException: Authorization failed

israelmmi

Hi,

I've just installed 4.0.0 and I've started to get this message when running backup jobs:

[2013-02-13 16:39:36,663] ERROR: com.netapp.snapcreator.storage.executor.ZapiExecutorException: netapp.manage.NaAuthenticationException: Authorization failed

The backups run the sdcli command I configured, and on the volume I see a snapshot has been taken, but the job "fails" as far as SC is concerned with that error. Any ideas what wrong?

I've attached the debug log.

Thanks,

Reuvy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spinks

Reuvy,

Glancing at the logs it appears that Snap Creator is unable to create an event in Operations Manager:

[2013-02-13 16:56:31,306] INFO: STORAGE-05016: Creating OM Event [script:warning-event] on [netapp2].

[2013-02-13 16:56:31,306] ERROR: com.netapp.snapcreator.storage.executor.ZapiExecutorException: netapp.manage.NaAuthenticationException: Authorization failed

Check you Operations Manager settings including your username and password.

Hope that this helps.

John

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

spinks

Reuvy,

Glancing at the logs it appears that Snap Creator is unable to create an event in Operations Manager:

[2013-02-13 16:56:31,306] INFO: STORAGE-05016: Creating OM Event [script:warning-event] on [netapp2].

[2013-02-13 16:56:31,306] ERROR: com.netapp.snapcreator.storage.executor.ZapiExecutorException: netapp.manage.NaAuthenticationException: Authorization failed

Check you Operations Manager settings including your username and password.

Hope that this helps.

John

sivar

What is "netapp2"

Is it a computer name?

Or is it a secondary filer?

If it is a secondary filer, please ensure that netapp2 has the snapcreator user role and group capabilites.

You can verify "useradmin user list"

Thanks,
Siva Ramanathan

israelmmi

Siva - netapp2 is the SnapCreator Server name.

John - strangest thing - the backups since this afternoon started working without error - I think the account used to contact the DFM withint he job was incorrect. I tried to import a job config I created in 3.6P1 and when I imported it I was never asked to re-enter the passwords. I think that was required anyhow. I'll let you know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

Reuvy

sivar

Reuvy,

Good to know.

Did you follow the upgrade procedure as documented here?

https://communities.netapp.com/community/products_and_solutions/databases_and_enterprise_apps/snapcreator

The upgrade command will take care of the passwords for you.

Regards,
Siva Ramanathan

israelmmi

Hey Siva,

No, I intentionally didn't upgrade. We had a bug using v3.6P1 and support told us since we just recently started using SC to just uninstall and re-install 4.0.0c fresh. What "troubled" me was that SC took the imported file without "problems" - as if it didn't manually check the cred's it imported to see if they work before allowing me to continue - which in my opinion is a "logical bug".

Thanks! 🙂

Reuvy

sivar

You are correct. When importing configs (or copy/pasting the configs from the OS CLI), we don't check the password validity.

You ran into this obviously. Sorry for the trouble.

There are encryption standard changes between the previous versions and 4.0 and hence it is suggested to follow the java upgrade command to properly update the config files with correct passwords.

Public