Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

APP_IGNORE_ERROR to Y, but no Warning anymore in SC 4.1.1

brauntisc

Hi All

In SC 3.5 we have set the Option APP_IGNORE_ERROR to Y, because we have a lot of DBs running on one Server. When one DB Backup fails the Job doesn't stop (because APP_IGNORE_ERROR=Y), but the Job went yellow in the Job Monitor. This Yellow Indicator is important for us for checking our Backups.

Now in 4.1.1P4D3 we have also set the Option  APP_IGNORE_ERROR to Y, but when one DB Backup fails the Job still went green in the Job Monitor. Is this a BUG or a wanted behaviour?

TIA

Thomas 

2 REPLIES 2

spinks

Thomas,

What plugin are you using if any?

This may affect the answer (but not sure).

This might have been a design change, but if you want the old behavior back I would encourage you to open a case.

This will log it in the support center and if will get tracked and I would guess in this instance the support person would reach out to engineering for a comment on the behavior.

Thanks,

John

brauntisc

Hi John

Thanks for your answer. We use SC 4.1.1P4D3. I have already open a Case.

In the Config File I found following explanation:

# APP_IGNORE_ERROR - (optional) - (Y|N) #

# If set to Y will cause Snap Creator to not exit when encountering an application error. An error message will

# be sent if SENDTRAP is configured but Snap Creator will not exit. This may be useful if you are backing up

# multiple databases and dont want a single database failure to stop the backup

So In my Understanding, SC should generate a Error (Warning) Message at least via sendtrap.

I will Update this thread, when I have further Info from Netapp Support

regards

Thomas

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public