Data Backup and Recovery

Creating a new Volume/Assigning LUN/Attaching store to Server

mark_wallin

Hi Guys,

this is probably a very basic question.

I've created a Storage Volume and want to attach it to a server.  I'm not sure what the process is that I need to go through to create the LUN?

After I've created the LUN, how do I associate it with the Server (Sevrer is 2003 VM)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvinay

Hi ,

Once you have created lun , now the next thing is how do you want to connect to that lun , is it FC or ISCSI , if it is ISCSI and assuming you have windows 2003 you need to do the following

* Add the controller IP in the Microsoft ISCSI initiator and login

* On the controller create a igroup and add the iqn id of the host to this igroup.

* Map the lun created to the igroup

* Once mapped go to My Computer--->Manage--->Disk Management  and rescan the disks

If the above steps have been done properly you will see the lun as one of the disk which can be formatted and is ready to use. For FC we will have to create Igroup with the host WWN and map the lun to that igroup.

Regards,

Vinay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

raef_mansour

Hello ,

You must create igroup on BOTH controllers

Choose the rignt OS

Add wwpn

and the in lun's menu map lun with the correct Igroups

kvinay

Hi ,

Once you have created lun , now the next thing is how do you want to connect to that lun , is it FC or ISCSI , if it is ISCSI and assuming you have windows 2003 you need to do the following

* Add the controller IP in the Microsoft ISCSI initiator and login

* On the controller create a igroup and add the iqn id of the host to this igroup.

* Map the lun created to the igroup

* Once mapped go to My Computer--->Manage--->Disk Management  and rescan the disks

If the above steps have been done properly you will see the lun as one of the disk which can be formatted and is ready to use. For FC we will have to create Igroup with the host WWN and map the lun to that igroup.

Regards,

Vinay

mark_wallin

thanks guys

RishikeshMishra

Hi Friends,

It could be good if you can give the commads how to execute...Still thanks i made it successfully.

Public