Data Backup and Recovery

Data Migration

FRANDSEN

We just prucased a Flexpod, with two FAS3240 controllers (one for DR), and are in the porocess of attempting to migrate data between storage platforms. We are a VMWare shop and can use VMotion to move hosts and datastores between our current Dell R710 hosts and the new Cisco blades, but the RDM's are going no where fast

Please share any data migration strategies you have used in the past. We're currently running Dell Equallogic and I need to move a total of around 14 TB of data in total on to the NetApp. So far tried using Easeus Partition Manager disk copy component which would eventually finish if I had a week. Contemplated Robocopy and just plain copy and paste fromt he windows hosts to old and new drives, but that seems so antiquated. I need to move all this data in about 24 hours. Any help and insights are GREATLY appreciated!

21 REPLIES 21

FRANDSEN

Thank you so much! As mentioned, we're pursuing a DTA2800 and hope it cures all our woes. I assume we can migrate any type of data with the DTA2800 appliance (SQL 2005 & 2008, Exchange 2010, Windows CIFS)?

Regards,

Mike

Public