Data Backup and Recovery

Evaluation copy of SnapManager Oracle(Windows)

Femi-John

Please can someone help out on how I can get an evaluation copy of SnapManager for Oracle Database on Windows for accessment for my company.

Thanks.

Ayo Femi-John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcbettinelli

Hello,

No problem. That's the core of communities to help people.

I'm not working directly for Netapp, I'm a System Engineer of one Netapp Partner in Switzerland.

For Nigeria, unfortunately, I can't help you.

You can find the partner directory for your country at this address: http://solutionconnection.netapp.com/partner-directory.aspx

Regarding your concern with Oracle backup, you need to know that SnapManager for Oracle only works with Netapp storage, because it leverages the snapshot functionnality of the storage.

If you don't have Netapp storage yet, you can't use SnapManager for Oracle.

You could use other backup software, or RMAN functionnality (integrated backup of Oracle).

Then, you could consider buying Netapp storage, because backup using snapshots is so easy 😉

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jcbettinelli

@Femi-John wrote:

Please can someone help out on how I can get an evaluation copy of SnapManager for Oracle Database on Windows for accessment for my company.

Thanks.

Ayo Femi-John

Hello Ayo,

Welcome in the Community.

Please be carefull, you used the label SnapProtect for this topic. SnapProtect is a different product than SnapManager.

You can get an evaluation license for SnapManager from your current Netapp vendor. Authorized partners can generate temporary licenses for Netapp products.

If you want to evaluate SnapProtect (which is a different product again), the temporary license is valid for 90 days.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

Femi-John

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry for the Label issue but i tried using SnapManager as Label only to receive an error message. And also am new to this website.

However, what I was requesting for is the installatihankson package of the SnapManager as I could not find where to download one on your website.

Thanks.

Femi-John

jcbettinelli

Hello,

You can download all software from mysupport.netapp.com, Download --> Software.

Otherwise, here's the direct link to latest version of SMO (SnapManager for Oracle) for Windows.

http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/snapmanager_oracle_win/3.3.1P1/

Regards,

JC

Femi-John

Thanks Jean,

What I got from the link you sent is an " UNAOTHORIZE ACCESS". How should I proceed?

Thanks.

Femi-John.

jcbettinelli

Your account is not eligible to download this software.

Please contact your partner/vendor to request the binaries of the software.

Femi-John

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your replies so far. Please do not consider this as me bothering you. I do not know if you have vendors in Nigeria and I do not know if your sales and services cover the region. I am a Network Administrator of Artee Industries Limited (Park 'n' Shop/Spar Nigeria). We have Oracle database servers that are currently not backed up and we are afraid of the unknown hence, the urgency about having one reliable application to do the task for us until I came across your website.

I was instrusted to get an evalution copy of your product so we can evaluate and get the full license if we are satisfy.

My question is, How can u help me? I just opened an account on your website as a guest because we have no NetApp product we are using at the moment. What kind of account will give me access for a copy?

Thanks.

Femi-John

jcbettinelli

Hello,

No problem. That's the core of communities to help people.

I'm not working directly for Netapp, I'm a System Engineer of one Netapp Partner in Switzerland.

For Nigeria, unfortunately, I can't help you.

You can find the partner directory for your country at this address: http://solutionconnection.netapp.com/partner-directory.aspx

Regarding your concern with Oracle backup, you need to know that SnapManager for Oracle only works with Netapp storage, because it leverages the snapshot functionnality of the storage.

If you don't have Netapp storage yet, you can't use SnapManager for Oracle.

You could use other backup software, or RMAN functionnality (integrated backup of Oracle).

Then, you could consider buying Netapp storage, because backup using snapshots is so easy 😉

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

Femi-John

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Maybe I will consider using RMAN Hot backup functionality for the time being as we dont have Netapp storage yet.

Thanks.

Femi-John.

Public