Thanks. That means V4.1 is supporting snapshots which are not marked as a HANA backup. It's not possible to make a log recovery after snap restore. Right?
Do you have any plan to implement log handling?
That's correct. In the current built in plug-in recovery and log apply is not possible.
But in the community plug-in you can see your Snap Creator snapshots in the HANA studio and do a proper recovery using log backups.
I am currently working on a generic log management/handling Snap Creator plug-in.
If you have any requirements or ideas about a log handling solution for HANA, you can send me your requests and we will consider them in our implementation.
This plugin will be able copy log backups from primary to secondary and delete/purge them based on retention policies.
Following features would be very nice:
- Base for identify archived LOGs should be HANA internal DB views
- Retention time for primary destination (global ini parameter basepath_logbackup) with delete/purge functionality
- Copy of archived logfiles from primary destination to other locations:
- open script interface for commands like bpbackup from NBU to be prepared for tape backup.
- using scp command to transfer to other hosts
- transfering to 2nd/3rd location filesystem mounted on db host including retention / deletion handling
From my experience also a combination between of these methods are sometimes necessary. For example: 1st using scp to copy to another host (maybe other DC location) 2nd copy to another NFS share which consists of another disk tier.