Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

How do I manage SnapManager log files

NAITIDBA1

Hello,

After reading the SnapManager 6.0 administration guide, I did find any information on managing the log files themselves, nor did I find any settings in SnapManager for that.  Once we turned on monitoring and reporting, by default the log files (txt files) are accumulating in: C:\Program Files\Netapp\SnapManager for SQL Server\Report, and the size of the directory is continually growing.  My concern is that the directory will inflate, reducing free space on our C:\ drive of the server.  Is there some setting to manage the scope and/or size of the log files retention that I'm missing here?  If not, we will use our own Perl script to go behind and clean them up in a rotation, but we thought that a basic administration task/feature such as this would have been built-in to the product.  Please advise.

Thank you,

Mike T.

4 REPLIES 4

vorname_nachname

Force again. Got the same here.

C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\Report\Backup [%hostname%]

Is about 4 GB big.

AFAIK there is no option besides manual clean up, we tend to run a script delete everything with timestamp older 14 days.

thanks so i can remove the logfiles i.a. 06-02-2010_06.30.05.txt?

if you like you can remove complete subdirs from report folder, they will be recreated if needed.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public