Data Backup and Recovery

How to Schedule Cascading Replication Jobs in Cdot

TMADOCTHOMAS

I am taking a set of snapmirror destination volumes and creating additional replication jobs to a third system. Is there an easy way to have these additional jobs kick off automatically when the initial jobs complete each night, or do they have to be scheduled separately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheshanka

As I understand you already have a SnapMirror replication configured from Cluster A to Cluster B, you now wish to configure an additional chain for the existing replication (aka cascade replication) to a third cluster (Cluster-C).

Once the new chain has been initialized you will have to setup schedules in order to copy the data across each of the links of the cascade at a defined frequency and interval of your choice.

Short answer is yes they have to be configured seperately.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sheshanka

As I understand you already have a SnapMirror replication configured from Cluster A to Cluster B, you now wish to configure an additional chain for the existing replication (aka cascade replication) to a third cluster (Cluster-C).

Once the new chain has been initialized you will have to setup schedules in order to copy the data across each of the links of the cascade at a defined frequency and interval of your choice.

Short answer is yes they have to be configured seperately.

Thanks

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @Sheshanka ! That's how we ended up setting things up but just wanted to see if there was an easier way.

Public