Data Backup and Recovery

How to apply Service Pack and Critical Update on SnapProtect 10 (SP8 to SP11 for example) ?

RSBa

Hi,

Is there a documentation how to update / apply the SP and CU in SnapProtect 10 ?

It have been told in the that the Automatic update in the CommCell console should NOT be used because it look for software on commvault.com site instead of NetApp. So the official way is to download SnapProtect from NetApp support site and install it. But I can't find any documentation describing exactly how to do.

Where can I find this documentation ?

Regards,

Roland Bapst

2 REPLIES 2

hariprak

Hi,

You can refer this document, https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1394126

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

RSBa

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I already found it and read it but it's for an upgrade from SnapProtect 9 to SnapProtect 10. No words on the update from on SnapProtect 10 Service Pack to another.

My plan are to update by running the binary downloaded on netapp.com site when no backups/schedules are running.

But for the critical update, I would like to put them somewhere on the commserv server and to propagate them from the CommCell console. But i can't find any info/documentation on how to do it.

Regards,

Public