Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

How to disable verification in SnapManager for Exchange ?

onavatte

Hi,

I'd like to disable verification in SnapManager 6.0 for Exchange with the -NoTruncateLog $True switch.

It seems that by default, even if you're not specifying the -verify switch, as soon as the -NoTruncateLog switch is set to $True, the verification is forced.

Is there a way to really disable it ? (Other than setting the -NoTruncateLog to $False as it's stated on NOW ? I don't want to backup transaction logs)

Thank you,

Olivier

SnapManager 6.0 for Exchange

Exchange Server 2003 in a Active/Passive Cluster

DATA ONTAP 7.3.2

2 REPLIES 2

amiller_1

The short answer is no (and I really wish that wasn't the answer....particularly for one of my customers).

See this page in the SME docs....

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/SnapManager/relsme50/en/html/software/admin/GUID-43C179C6-3080-4936-9F1D-03A1AF00FDDA.html

onavatte

Thank you Andrew.

Actually, I knew that it's not supposed to be possible "by design".

The GUI obviously prevents you to uncheck the verify option but I thought that in the SMEJobLauncher command line, you would just have to omit the -verify command.

But as I said, even with the -verify command omitted, the verification is forced anyway.

In fact, I was hoping for a "trick" to get around this "feature" if it exists.

Olivier

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public