Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

Independent snapshot creation & retention for Primary & Secondary?

marcel_juhnke

Hi there,

I already searched around a bit and found a few workarounds and so on, but as far as I can see, there is no easy way to configure really independent Primary snapshots & SnapVault snapshots & retentions in one config?

What I specifically want to achieve is to have hourly & daily snapshots on the Primary and weekly and monthly snapshots on the Secondary only.

Ideally the weekly SnapVault snapshot should be created on the Secondary without having to create a weekly on the Primary first. So SnapCreator would check if the configured SnapVault transfer is running and only creates the secondary afterwards.

I want to achieve this purely with SC Framework, so no snapvault snap sched on the Secondary and also no Protection Manager please (7-Mode here still).

Sure, I can SC just let create a snapshot on the Secondary by schedule, but then it would not check if any transfers are still running.

Is this possible at all with the current SnapCreator version?

1 REPLY 1

spinks

Marcel,

I don't believe that this configuration is supported today.

I forwarded the thread to the product management team as this is not the first time I've seen this request.

Thanks,

John

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public