Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

Highlighted

JAVA update 1.8.0_242 breaks SnapCenter Plug-in Loader service for Linux

After updating our CentOS servers the SnapCenter Plug-in Loader service (spl daemon) could no longer be contacted on port 8145. After running some tests it seems that the daemon is not compatible with Java svm 1.8.0_242, the deamon does not start a listening port on tcp/8145 so there is no communication possible with the SnapCenter server and backups stop working. No errors are being logged locally, the only thing noticable in spl_init.log is that Jetty cannot be initialized properly - Logging initialized @-1ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog. After downgrading to jvm 1.8.0_232 everything starts working again, until the next update cycle ofcourse. These problems are reproducible with plugin versions 4.2 and 4.3.

Anyone else experiencing this and/or has a workaround for this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: JAVA update 1.8.0_242 breaks SnapCenter Plug-in Loader service for Linux

Hi,

I see this issue/symptom documented in KB:1103592

Symptoms: 'netstat -an |grep 8145' shows no process listening on port 8145

Java version 1.8.0_242 is not compatible yet for SC 4.x,  downgrade to a previous version of Java. Both 1.8.0_232 and 1.8.0_222 are known to work.

SnapCenter for Oracle stops working after upgrading Java to 1.8.0_242:
https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1103592

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: JAVA update 1.8.0_242 breaks SnapCenter Plug-in Loader service for Linux

Thank you! Somehow I missed this KB article. To clarify for others: this is not only an issue with the Oracle plugin, but also for other plugins running on Linux (in my case, MySQL).

Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums