Data Backup and Recovery

LUN DISAPPEARING

NAYABRASOOL

Hi Experts,

Please help me out from this, my SQL admin complains that the LUNS from the filer to the DATABASE server will disappear for some time and will re-appear after some time and i don't have any idea if this is a bug or something with NETAPP or WINDOWS did anybody experienced this already???

Windows O.S:- 2008 R2 SP1

Netapp:- 7.3.4

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AGUMADAVALLI

upgrade the ontap and snap drive. Apply all patches to win2K8, you should be good to go.

Please use the diagnostic tools called "Data Collection Tool for SnapDrive for Windows (ONTAPWinDC.exe)"

Thank you,

AK G

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bsti

Hello,

There are a few issues that may cause this problem.  We will need some more information to help you find the cause.  Two things I recommend you check (and post if you can):

1)  Check the /etc/messages log on your controllers for any errors related to your SQL Servers.  Post them here if you can.

2)  Check the Windows Event logs on your SQL Server host servers. 

Between those two information sources, hopefully myself or someone else reading can help you find the cause of your issue.

AGUMADAVALLI

upgrade the ontap and snap drive. Apply all patches to win2K8, you should be good to go.

Please use the diagnostic tools called "Data Collection Tool for SnapDrive for Windows (ONTAPWinDC.exe)"

Thank you,

AK G

Public