Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

[NetApp Log # 2002449769] exception when running backup (there is a patch but ...)

antonin

Subject:
[NetApp Log # 2002449769] PRIVATE - TSAP (Initial) - Zuercher Kantonalbank

TSAP template

###########################################
Customer Name: Zuercher Kantonalbank

Customer Region: Switzerland

Case Number: 2002449769

Case Priority: P3

Filer name(s) involved: NAS1000-EHVD

Server(s) involved:

Problem Summary:
I have setup SM for SQL and SM for SharePoint, and tried to run a few backups. They seem to run OK, but completes with this exception:

"Errors: Some error occurs in the backup raw property.Service application Name:User Profile Service Application (APException: Cannot find field: Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.profileStoreLanguagePacksApplied) , [ExceptionType:RawpropertyException]"

I guess this is probably due to our use of norwegian language packs in SharePoint. Is there any way I can avoid this error? I would really like to see "Completed successfully"

Please note that according to the forum thread there are patches: http://communities.netapp.com/thread/15208. Unable to find them on the now page. please advise.

Technical Anaysis Summary: .

Data Collected to Date: .

Was the data verified: Yes

Did you unzip the data: Yes

Which diagnostic file contains the problem described in the summary:

Filename && timestamp of when the error occurs: .

TSE Comments: Customer found that by himself.

Resources used: Now site, KX search, Peers, TOI, NGS-Web search,

###########################################

3 REPLIES 3

rbarker

This problem is addressed in the latest SnapManager for SharePoint patch 6.0 P1. This new patch supports SharePoint Service Pack 1 and also addresses the User Profile Service error. Please follow these instructions:

You can download the patch directly from http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/snapmanager_sharepoint/6.0P1/. A few details to be aware of when installing this patch.

1. The patch is not a self-extracting wizard installation which automatically updates the SMSP assemblies.
  2. When unzipped it just provides two Executables (EXE) and one Dynamic Link Library (DLL)
    • SMSP2010PlatformControlRestore.exe
    • SMSP2010PlatformDatabaseBackup
    • SMSP2010PlatformMossUtility.dll
  3. You need to MANUALLY replace the above files in the SMSP installation location, Eg. “C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultClient\bin”
  4. Before replacing the files please make a backup of your bin directory.

Hope this helps,

Rob

herti1982

I have the same issue. The patch did not work! The following message appears:

2535 MB data, 5(0) site collections, 5(0) sites, 52(0) lists, 246(0) items. Some error occurs in the backup raw property.Service application Name:Benutzerprofil_apppool (APException: Cannot find field: Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.profileStoreLanguagePacksApplied) , [ExceptionType:RawpropertyException]

antonin

Anyone, any ideas?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public