Data Backup and Recovery

New Features SnapCreator Version 4.0.0c.

ANDREAS_JANKOWIAK

Hi,

very cool that version 4.0 of SnapCreator is now availble ;o)

Is there a document available which states the new features of SnapCreator Version 4.0.0 ?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Andreas

10 REPLIES 10

spinks

Andreas,

Currently we do not have any customer facing documentation on Snap Creator 4.0

The community release is currently available and the supported release will hopefully be out in March.

We are working on updating our documentation for the Snap Creator 4.0 release and hope to have something available soon.

Briefly some of the top changes are:

• Completely rewrote the Snap Creator server in Java with scalability in mind
  • Updated the GUI interface so that it has the same look and feel as other NetApp tools
  • Feature parity between the GUI and the CLI, so features such as RBAC, Schedules, and Job Monitor are available in the CLI as well as the GUI
  • New Agent Monitor to display status of agents (up/down) and version
  • New workflow engine
  • Snap Creator now has APIs

This is not a complete list, just some of the new items in Snap Creator 4.0

It's better, stronger, faster, etc

Hope this helps.  Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

John

ANDREAS_JANKOWIAK

Hi John,

thank you very much for your response.   Sounds great ;o) Hope I can test it soon.

Are there also changes in the area of the DB2 plugin? I had contact with Bobby Oommen some weeks ago and he said that there will be an improvment (API) that

snapshot backups are registered in SAP systems.

Do you have any information about it?

Thanks again,

Andreas

spinks

Andreas,

For testing purposes Snap Creator 4.0 Community Release is available now at www.snapcreator.com

I am not aware of any changes in the DB2 plugin, but Bobby is the guy that would know.

I'll ping him and ask him to comment on this thread.

Thanks!

John.

Norbert_Sommer

Hi John,

we're going to start a SnapCreator project in the next 2-3 weeks using SAP and MaxDB.

Any schedule for full documentation of version 4.0 and a Netapp supported version or

should we start with 3.6 ?

Thanks and Kind Regards,  Norbert

spinks

Norbert,

The release has been delayed due to legal approval.

The code is finalized, we are just waiting on the OK to release the software and the docs.

We expect this to be released by the end of May - I've heard the 23rd or the 30th are likely dates.

We should know more by the end of this week.

If you can wait for 4.0 it would be recommended.

Hope this helps!

John

oommen

Andreas,

No update to the DB2 plug-in yet. We are working with IBM and is stuck at the IBM legal. I will let you know with the updates.

Bobby.

ANDREAS_JANKOWIAK

Hi John and Bobby,

thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Andreas

ANDREAS_JANKOWIAK

Hi Bobby,

is there any news on the update of the DB2 plugin yet?

Best Regards,

Andreas

oommen

Andreas,

I don't have good news. IBM is insisting us to use DB2 ACS libraries along with SC, which means customers will have to get ACS license. I am working with them to avoid this, but don't have much hope.

Regards,

Bobby.

ANDREAS_JANKOWIAK

Hi Bobby,

thanks.

Doesn't sound good.  Hope IBM will come around... this would be a wonderful feature for SC DB2.

Best Regards,

Andreas

Public