Data Backup and Recovery Discussions
very cool that version 4.0 of SnapCreator is now availble ;o)
Is there a document available which states the new features of SnapCreator Version 4.0.0 ?
Currently we do not have any customer facing documentation on Snap Creator 4.0
The community release is currently available and the supported release will hopefully be out in March.
We are working on updating our documentation for the Snap Creator 4.0 release and hope to have something available soon.
Briefly some of the top changes are:
This is not a complete list, just some of the new items in Snap Creator 4.0
It's better, stronger, faster, etc
Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.
thank you very much for your response. Sounds great ;o) Hope I can test it soon.
Are there also changes in the area of the DB2 plugin? I had contact with Bobby Oommen some weeks ago and he said that there will be an improvment (API) that
snapshot backups are registered in SAP systems.
Do you have any information about it?
For testing purposes Snap Creator 4.0 Community Release is available now at www.snapcreator.com
I am not aware of any changes in the DB2 plugin, but Bobby is the guy that would know.
I'll ping him and ask him to comment on this thread.
No update to the DB2 plug-in yet. We are working with IBM and is stuck at the IBM legal. I will let you know with the updates.
Hi John and Bobby,
thank you very much.
is there any news on the update of the DB2 plugin yet?
I don't have good news. IBM is insisting us to use DB2 ACS libraries along with SC, which means customers will have to get ACS license. I am working with them to avoid this, but don't have much hope.
we're going to start a SnapCreator project in the next 2-3 weeks using SAP and MaxDB.
Any schedule for full documentation of version 4.0 and a Netapp supported version or
should we start with 3.6 ?
Thanks and Kind Regards, Norbert
The release has been delayed due to legal approval.
The code is finalized, we are just waiting on the OK to release the software and the docs.
We expect this to be released by the end of May - I've heard the 23rd or the 30th are likely dates.
We should know more by the end of this week.
If you can wait for 4.0 it would be recommended.
Hope this helps!
Doesn't sound good. Hope IBM will come around... this would be a wonderful feature for SC DB2.