Data Backup and Recovery

No SnapShots for restore listed

lars_teeke

Hi

I've got an installation with SC 3.5 on SAP with MaxDB. I've two schedules, one for hourly and one for daily. Both are running fine without any problems. I can list the created Snaps under Data => SnapShots.

When I try to restore the DB with the wizard I can choose the FAS, the volume and the policy, but no snaps are listed.

Any idea??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ktenzer

i can tell form CLI output you did not specify a policy otherwise you would only get snapshots for that policy.

Also there are some strange names here.

snap-creator-weekly_recent

I would change this to snapcreator-weekly_recent

I would avoid using a "-" in the snapshot name. It may cause issues in GUI. Best practive is <snapshot name>-<policy>_<timestamp> or <snapshot name>-<policy>_recent.

As a workaround until we figure out GUI issue you can use CLI:

./snapcreator --profile <profile> --config <config> --action restore --policy <policy> --verbose

Send the GUI screenshots of a snapshot list for a volume in GUI and then doing a restore of all the windows.

Regards,

Keith

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ktenzer

Hi There,

Do you see the snapshots in the GUI under data management? What are the snapshot names?

Can you do a "./snapcreator --profile profile --config config --action snaplist --policy policy --verbose"

Also can you try restore from CLI, do you see list of snapshots?

"./snapcreator --profile profile --config config --action restore --policy policy --verbose"

I think the problem is that you are choosing the wrong policy. You can have policy of hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and when you do restore you have to choose the correct policy. This is only thing I can think of as to why you would see no snapshots in GUI.

Keith

lars_teeke

Hi Keith

On CLI is no problem. All is working fine. I think there's something wrog with the GUI. All the snaps are viewable in data management.

I'm using the policy that is used in the schedule but the snaps are not listed in the dropdown field.

Lars

ktenzer

Hi Lars,

Did you correctly select the policy in the GUI?

Can you provide some screenshots of GUI vs CLI? That would help us determine where the issue could be

Regards,

Keith

lars_teeke

Hi Keith

I think so. Here's the CLI output. I asked the customer for screens, too. I'm waiting for.

Thanks

Lars

ktenzer

i can tell form CLI output you did not specify a policy otherwise you would only get snapshots for that policy.

Also there are some strange names here.

snap-creator-weekly_recent

I would change this to snapcreator-weekly_recent

I would avoid using a "-" in the snapshot name. It may cause issues in GUI. Best practive is <snapshot name>-<policy>_<timestamp> or <snapshot name>-<policy>_recent.

As a workaround until we figure out GUI issue you can use CLI:

./snapcreator --profile <profile> --config <config> --action restore --policy <policy> --verbose

Send the GUI screenshots of a snapshot list for a volume in GUI and then doing a restore of all the windows.

Regards,

Keith

lars_teeke

Hi Keith

I'll test it and give you a feedback with a changed naming.

Thanks and regards

Lars

lars_teeke

Hi Keith

Thanks for your help. This is working now.

Public