2019-10-25 01:32 AM
In 7-mode you could modify the SV source volume without incurring a full baseline transfer: https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1034855/~/how-to-move-a-snapvault-or-snapmirror-primary-from-one-volume-to-another
Has anyone completed this activity in ONTAP 9.3+?
Solved! See The Solution
2 REPLIES 2
Re: ONTAP 9 Modifying SnapVault Source Volume without baseline transfer
2019-10-25 07:55 AM
2019-11-05 08:18 AM
Thanks for the reply.
The process for SnapVault is slightly different to the one in the article:
- Update SnapVault between A -> C
- Break SnapVault between A -> C (stop further updates)
- Update the SnapMirror relationships A -> B (transferring the SV baseline snap)
- Break the snapmirror relationship between A -> B
- Delete the SV relationship between A -> C (you don't seem to be able to set up a second SV relationship on the destination vol)