ORACLE_DATABASES=DEV3:dev3

SQLPLUS_CMD=/f01/dev3/db/tech_st/11.2.0.2/bin/sqlplus

CNTL_FILE_BACKUP_DIR=/f01/dev3/ControlFileBackup

ORA_TEMP=/tmp

ARCHIVE_LOG_ONLY=Y

ORACLE_HOME=/f01/dev3/db/tech_st/11.2.0.2

ORACLE_EXPORT_PARAMETERS=Y

When I start the snap using snapcreator using:

./snapcreator --profile Databases --action snaplist --policy daily --config DEV3_Refresh --verbose

I can see the backup controlfile created, but I am not seeing in the Oracle Alert log oracle executing the command alter database begin backup:

This command must be executed properly use snaprestore and recover the database.

Must I use the pre/post application quiesce command section to put the alter database begin backup and alter database end backup commands?

2 REPLIES 2

clilescapario

I don't see some parameters in your snipit, see if you also have:

APP_NAME=oracle

ORACLE_BACKUPMODE=online

After that is set consult the debug log and you should see SC trying to call sqlplus to put the db in hotbackup mode.

Thanks

--

Chris

Yes, I have APP_NAME=oracle

I have found that Oracle must check the volume actually contains data files, before it will perform the begin and end backup. In my testing I was using a volume that contained the oracle home and  did not contain datafiles, just to see if the commands would work. Not until I used a volume with the datafiles did I see the begin and end backup in the log.

Thank

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public