Data Backup and Recovery Discussions

PRE_NTAP_CLONE_DELETE_CMDxx parameter usage

pierrek

Dear All,

I have a problem using the PRE_NTAP_CLONE_DELETE_CMDxx, it seems not to be used/called when deleting clones from the SC GUI.

To ease the description of the problem, I attach a document describing the issue I'm facing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Kr

Pierre Kestremond

8 REPLIES 8

spinks

Pierre,

Have you opened a case? 

If so, can you share the case number? (you can send me a private message if you prefer).

If not, can you open a case?

This will need to be reproduced, and the best way to make that happen is through a support case.

Thanks,

John

pierrek

Hi John,

Nope, for now it's just a question to the community, maybe if I misunderstand the usage of the parameter.

I you confirm this SHOULD work, I will file a case then.

Pierre

spinks

Pierre,

You specify that this doesn't work via the GUI - does it work via the CLI?

If so that is certainly an issue.

This command should execute a command to be run before a clone is deleted.

If it is not working in this manner a case would be best as we'd need to do some testing.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

John

pierrek

John,

Trying to run the CLI returns the error described here: https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1650312/html/GUID-CFF28CED-73B1-4B03-8366-8E2D0A089A92.html

I followed the solution but still unable to run the command:

[root@redhat6-dfm-01 ~]# /opt/scServer4.1.1P2/snapcreator --server redhat6-dfm-01 --port 8443 --user admin --profile MaxDB --config maxd_sles13_01_mount.conf --action cloneList --verbose

INFO: Missing option --passwd
Enter password:
500 Can't locate object method "new" via package "LWP::Protocol::https::Socket" at /</opt/scServer4.1.1P2/snapcreator>SnapCreator/Service/Engine.pm line 640
[root@redhat6-dfm-01 ~]#

Pierre

pierrek

//Fixed the previous CLI issue//

Indeed executing the clone deletion from snapcreator CLI works as expected, with PRE_NTAP_CLONE_DELETE_CMDxx being executed.

Please see attachment.

Pierre

pierrek

But Wait,

I was a little too fast in my conclusion...

The cloneDel command did not actually delete the flexclone volumes, they're still present on my SVM, and visible with a cloneList command:

[root@redhat6-dfm-01 ~]# /opt/scServer4.1.1P2/snapcreator --user admin --profile MaxDB --config maxd_sles13_01_mount --action cloneList --verbose
INFO: --server not specified, default is localhost
INFO: --port not specified, default is 8443

INFO: Missing option --passwd
Enter password:
[Fri Feb 27 10:55:50 2015] INFO: STORAGE-02133: Listing cloned volumes.
[Fri Feb 27 10:55:50 2015] INFO: STORAGE-02134: Listing cloned volumes finished successfully.

########## NetApp Snap Creator Framework 4.1.1P2 Volume Clone (Primary) List for svmax01 ##########

### Clone Name ### ### Parent Snapshot copy ### ### Parent volume ###
cl_maxd_sles13_01_mount_vsaparch01_20150227102235 maxdb_sc_made-hourly_20150226101750 vsaparch01
cl_maxd_sles13_01_mount_vsapdata01_20150227102235 maxdb_sc_made-hourly_20150226101750 vsapdata01
[root@redhat6-dfm-01 ~]#

clones.JPG

Can someone clarify what I am doing wrong here? Bug or no Bug?

Thanks

Pierre

spinks

Pierre,

I recommend opening a case.

This certainly should be looked at further to see if this is a bug.

Thanks,

John

pierrek

John,

I'll open a ticket on this.

Kind regards

Pierre

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public